Hello everyone! In the past few weeks we have shared plenty of achievements with you on academic paper publishing, event sharing, smart home PoC solutions, partnerships, etc. and received great recognition by our community and industry leaders. Now we are happy to announce that our Mainnet Preview will be released in November, which will bring in more innovations to kick off the mainnet building through out next year.
As our early supporters know, each of our code release was named after a permutation of the name of world-class cryptographer/Mathematician. There is no exception this time for our Mainnet Preview. The only difference is — it is our dear community, you, to choose the name for us!
Through our wallet and smart contract, you will be able to submit proposed names and be the winners of this campaign!
Let your proposed name to be shown in our next code release!
Steps to participate
To participate in this campaign and successfully receive the rewards, your IoTeX account has to login with Telegram, or Email (then bundle a Telegram account), or Phone Number (CN only, then bundle a Telegram account). We will do system and manual review for all accounts. Suspicious activities and accounts will be removed.
Part 1: Propose a Name (10/16–10/23)
- Join IoTeX Telegram Group and retweet this post on Twitter
- Create/use your own IoTeX wallet. Select “Smart Contract” -> “Interact with Contract”.
3. Fill in the follow information. Then click “Access”.
1）Contract Address: io1qyqsyqcyqcwxxj2mxsdqwlua26evk6604txrvsxmf3kcsz
4. Click “Select a function” and select “Propose a Name”.
Input “Your unique IoTeX ID”, “MainnetPreviewName”, “NamedAfter”.
Check how to get the unique IoTeX ID here.
What to fill in the "NamedAfter" section?
It has to be the name of a cryptographer/Mathematician/computer scientist. Each of our code release was named after a permutation of the name of world-class cryptographer/Mathematician/computer scientist. For example in Testnet Beta, we name it "Epik", which comes from Rob Pike, a Canadian programmer and author who contributed to the creation of the programming languages Go (Golang), Limbo, and Sawzall.
Click “Write Contract” -> “Generate Transaction” -> “Yes, make transaction”.
5. Click “Check TX Status” to see if the submission is successful or not. If not, come back to check a few seconds later.
Part 2: Vote for the Best Name
From 11:00 PM PDT on 10/31 to 11:00 PM PDT on 11/4
Thank you for proposing so many great names — it took us a lot of time to review and select the best ones! Don’t be sad if your proposal was not selected. We will provide more opportunities for you to win.
Here are the 5 candidates for you to vote!
Named After: Leonard Adleman
Leonard Adleman is an American computer scientist. He is one of the creators of the RSA encryption algorithm, for which he received the 2002 Turing Award, often called the Nobel prize of Computer science. He is also known for the creation of the field of DNA computing.
Address to Vote for: io1qyqsyqcyn5m2zgw8lyu6q350hxqnuc5rqsl5pu82shg7ey
Named After: Moni Naor
Moni Naor is an Israeli computer scientist, currently a professor at the Weizmann Institute of Science. He works in various fields of computer science, mainly the foundations of cryptography. He is notable for initiating research on public key systems secure against chosen ciphertext attack and creating non-malleable cryptography, visual cryptography (with Adi Shamir), and suggesting various methods for verifying that users of a computer system are human (leading to the notion of CAPTCHA).
Address to Vote for: io1qyqsyqcy7k8lt30y8smt6jyyz0alctfxxwyyynnda2n5yg
Named After: Kenneth Thompson
Kenneth Thompson is a researcher for more than 30 years at Bell Laboratories (now a division of Lucent Technologies), was named the first recipient of the IEEE Computer Society’s Tsutomu Kanai Award for contributions in the area of distributed computing system. The co-creator of Unix and a developer of the prototype language B on which C was based — Thompson’s research has focused on operating systems, programming languages, computer games, and voice and data programs.
Address to Vote for: io1qyqsyqcy28hgrmv4h3xju6ljcv9dx3e6jzhrmn4eys0hqy
Named After: Konrad Zuse
Konrad Zuse was a German civil engineer, inventor and computer pioneer. His greatest achievement was the world’s first programmable computer; the functional program-controlled Turing-complete Z3 became operational in May 1941. Thanks to this machine and its predecessors, Zuse has often been regarded as the inventor of the modern computer.
Address to Vote for: io1qyqsyqcyrz7nhu6qp8ms92y8lg296qv9hxf2nsk76r8qdd
Named After: Nikola Tesla
Nikola Tesla was an engineer known for designing the alternating-current (AC) electric system, which is still the predominant electrical system used across the world today. He also created the “Tesla coil,” which is still used in radio technology.
Address to Vote for: io1qyqsyqcy2m8395pww0y2mx9q7a6cmx0urupwms39zhfv4y
Steps to Vote
- Create/use your own IoTeX wallet, select “Vote for Delegate”
- There are 5 addresses for each candidate name. Vote for the name you like the most! Then click “Generate Transaction” -> “Send Transaction” -> “Yes, make transaction”.
3. Click “Check TX status” to see if the submission is successful or not. If not, come back to check a few seconds later.
4. Leave a comment under this thread with the Transaction Hash and your Unique IoTeX ID so that we can identify your account. One participant can only vote one time for each name.
How to get your Unique IoTeX ID: https://medium.com/@iotex/iotex-hash-id-eth-address-profile-system-updates-b59c328e5f97
Based on the voting results, winners will get
10,000 points for №1
4,000 points for №2 — №5
2,000 points for the other 5 winners (will be announced after the voting)
All participants (complete Part 1 OR Part 2) will enter a reward pool. We will randomly select 90 participants and give these winners a thank-you gift of 750 points.
750 points for 90 randomly selected winners
- To participate in this campaign and successfully receive the rewards, your IoTeX account has to login with Telegram, or Email (then bundle a Telegram account), or Phone Number (CN only, then bundle a Telegram account). We will do system and manual review for all accounts. Suspicious activities and accounts will be removed.
- One participant can propose multiple names. If so, he/she should interact with the smart contract multiples times.
- If several participants submitted a same name, only the first participant who submitted it will get the reward.
- One participant can only vote 1 time for each name.
- The more unique names you propose during the campaign, the higher possibility you will be randomly selected to receive the thank-you gift.
- This bounty campaign also helps us to improve the Testnet network. The Testnet environment may encounter unexpected problems during the campaign, we will pause and extend the campaign at any time if necessary.
IoTeX is the auto-scalable and privacy-centric blockchain platform for the Internet of Things (IoT). IoTeX’s global team is comprised of distinguished research scientists, top tier engineers, and experienced ecosystem builders. IoTeX is developing several in-house innovations to push the frontier of blockchain 3.0, including a blockchains-in-blockchain architecture for heterogeneous computing, Roll-DPoS consensus mechanism for high scalability, and lightweight privacy-preserving techniques. IoTeX is bringing autonomous device coordination to the masses by “connecting the physical world, block by block.”
Stay connected with us!
Telegram Announcement Channel: https://t.me/iotexchannel
Telegram Group: https://t.me/IoTeXGroup
Join us: https://iotex.io/careers